Monday, May 26, 2008

Picture Mondays: 5/27!

Men in Sheets...

From left to right, that's a guy named Paul, the master of ceremonies, then yours truly, and lastly my buddy Bob waiting for the cops to show up as we loiter outside the Grand Theater while waiting for a screening of Animal House back in March of this year. (Half price if you wore a toga -- and I'm always looking for any kind of excuse to wear that hat in public.)

2008 marks the 30th Anniversary of Animal House, and a damn fine film it is. It makes me all nostalgic for my very own "Fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son" consultation with the Dean of Students at old HC when I almost flunked out my freshmen year. Yeah, like I told my friend Mike, who also attended, "I came to a realization a long time ago that no matter how hard I wanted to be Bluto, I know, deep in my heart, I will always be Flounder."

Words to live by.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never been able to do that with my bed sheets.

Animal House on the big screen would be fun.

W.B. Kelso said...

I was fairly surprised by the amount of toga-age at the screening. And it was a total blast.